Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego

Hello good evening Br **.

17 years ago it was hard for me to adjust to new life in Ireland. I hope you are well in new environment. Although I started a new life here..anyway,

>In the Hebrew scriptures(or the Tevrat)we are told that when an important matter must be established,there should be more than one witness. Deuteronomy 19:15 says "...At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good"
I'm not sure it was here though, I recall Bible says one mustn't be guilty from only one witness. I have never noticed this can apply to Gospels.
>You might say though:"Suppose these 4 witnesses contradict eachother?"

I read carefully four gospels at age 15 and I found no contradictions among these.
Today I found minor 'contradictions' as in who carried the torture stake, or the date Jesus was executed, etc.

Remember difference is natural if a different author describes someone's life independently, so it's natural there's a difference between first three synoptic gospels and the fourth one.
I don't believe we normally say them contradictions.

Rather what I found strange was that the first three gospels are very similar, almost the same and I recall I just wondered why similar books had to be written and still this question remains to be my enigma.

I learned from what I read that Mark was written first then Matthew and Luke were written based on Mark with reference to another lost document. John was written from completely different point of view.

All books started being written after at least 30 years passed from the death of Jesus.

I suppose three synoptic gospels were written and used independently in different congregations among early Christians. Three similar gospels were taken as canonical Bible intending for followers to believe God gave similar accounts of Jesus in three different evangelists, which itself is a work done by God.

Probably early editors of Bible knew what Deuteronomy 19:15 says and applied in most effective way.

My next question is were really Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego saved from furnace?

Thank you very much for taking your time.

Best wishes,

Mer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home