Thursday, April 23, 2009

Aim of prophesies

Hello good afternoon, Br **..

I was in Kokura for one year and three months. I started attending the meeting for the first time in more than one year last night. My former partner left Japan for America, so he is unable to resume our Bible study as we promised before.

I read almost all publications the society issued in the past and I don't want to use such publications in our Bible study. In the past we didn't use any books, everytime I raised a question as I asked last night and he answered the question from quoting verses in Bible, so no particular day and time is needed, just twenty minutes after the meeting, that'll be fine.

And now we are in Bible study already. We can use on line in effective way for it. Please send me attachments, etc. you want me to read. I will read and examine them.

My question last night was..History tells Cyrus conquered Babylon and released Jewish people from Babylonian captivity. He allowed them to rebuild Palace in Jerusalem. In yesterday's meeting they said this was predicted in Bible.

Ummm, many prophecies were written in lots of metaphoric words, but is there any description as ' A king in Persia will conquer Babylon and release Jewish people there.'

At that time prophets were in Babylon. Did Daniel prophesy so?

Sure I recall lots of prophecies that predicted Jerusalem's downfall by Nebuchadnezzar. Prophesies were often issured from the point of view of warning to rulers or as just a fabourable future many people hope.

Best regards,
Mer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home