Sunday, June 14, 2009

Know their characters first

don is Available
don:
hallo mer!
Me:
Hi!
don:
enjoying lunch?
Me:
Yeah, already.
don:
me too
i enjoyed ur last email
Me:
Thanks! I haven't checked your last mail, though.
Do you have a class today? I guess you are sending this in your lab.
don:
not yet, will have a class tomorrow
but i have something to do in the lab after the lunch break
what are you doing today?
Me:
I'm off today and killing time in browsing internet.
don:
nice to have some time off
as soon as classes start tomorrow then we here will be kept much busy attending to insistent and persistent students
Me:
Are you going out with a girl back in your country? Among Jehovah's Witnesses?
don:
i used to, but it's hard here
you know the filipino culture, women must be courted and won over
it's not often that couples talk about marriage
some would want to enjoy time as couples, or as "steady" as we call it
Me:
It certainly depends on each individuals and many young unmarried girls want a guy to marry them. Otherwise it is out of their concern. I'm married so I cannot offer them any promise on marriage, so nine out of ten girls exclude me from their list. I love my wife so no problem though.
But there are many seductions in my life. Some girls don't want me to marry but still hope to have relations. I must be careful. But it's a sweet temptation. I think marriage certainly limits our freedom to love someone, but between unmarried people, love or pre marital relation is just a result of their free will.
don:
i understand
but im not for premarital intercourse
Me:
You say ' fornication ' is bad. If fornication means weird sexual practices I agree with them. If fornication means pre marital relations I think it's just a natural today. When Jesus said in Mattew 'except for fornication' fornication there does not mean pre marital relations for sure.
don is Available
don:
our internet connection in the lab is a little off, so i may get signed off unexpectedly
Me:
How to interpret the word in Bible varies in each individuals, but I find it
very practical when it says marriage is subject to end in some conditions
don:
nice thought
Me:
In other words, marriage is not absolute if we failed to keep its nice relations.
don:
right
mer, gtg (got to go), need to do something in the lab
thanks for the chat
Me:
Thanks. It's good not to have intercourse between you so you have no problem because your counterparts also know the circumstances. Also it's good to know their characters before marriage first.
Ok, see you again in the net! Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home